The benefits of a UK or International Adventure Trip are endless, but what are those questions I hear you ask? The build-up to an Adventure Trip can be a particularly exciting time, but as a woman, you may have particular questions that need answering, or you may be wondering what benefits this kind of travel can bring to you. Read on to find out more about how to ensure, as a woman, that you are physically and mentally prepared for the trip of a lifetime.
Every woman is familiar with the feeling when you travel, at what point do you stop packing miniatures of shampoo, conditioner, and tiny bars of soap? But then, adventure travel brings another multitude of questions – Where will I wash? Where can I use the toilet? What if it’s my time of the month? The anticipation of an adventure is so exciting, but we don’t want your excitement to be clouded with worry about queries that can easily be answered. Take a look below to see our simple solutions!
Going to the toilet
Now if there is one place you can’t avoid when travelling, that has to be the toilet! A regular worry for many women in everyday life, but what happens when you’re half-way up a mountain and you need to ‘go’?
- A Shewee. One of the most popular and trusted urination devices on the market. Easy to use, and hygienic. Being able to use the toilet discreetly and without removing any clothes, is an absolute essential for any female adventure traveller.
- In addition to the Shewee, you can also buy a handy Peebol, where urine is absorbed into a gel-like substance, whilst having no risk of leaking or odour. So now you can explore without the worry of having to find a secret spot!
- We recommend packing a resealable plastic bag with all of your toilet essentials inside, including toilet paper, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, and a clean pair of underwear.
Time of the month?
We all have to deal with it, that pesky time every four weeks. As a woman, it can make you feel just a little bit ‘ugh’. But do we let it stop us achieving our goals? No, we certainly don’t. That’s why here at EDGE Travel Worldwide, we want to put your mind at ease, so you feel comfortable adventuring during those uncomfortable few days of the month. Research has shown that being outside and being active, actually improves our mood and eases some discomfort – so adventuring must be the perfect solution!
Here are our top tips for keeping comfortable & fresh –
- Your product choice is completely up to you, but using tampons may be more comfortable, and suitable if you are taking part in water-based activities. A menstrual cup is also another convenient option. The cup is reusable, and can safely be kept in for 12 hours at a time, also meaning that you’ll only have to carry 1 product for the entire trip – perfect for your rucksack. Just bear in mind that pads can take up more room in your bag, as well as being more difficult to dispose of.
- Waterproof underwear is a ‘just in case’ option, that leave you feeling safe and protected in case of any leaks.
- If you are taking birth control, you could even time your period so that it doesn’t coincide with your trip.
- We recommend you pack resealable plastic bags to put any waste products inside.
We understand that you may have queries about staying fresh and clean during your adventure trip. Feeling dirty and unwashed can take away from the enjoyment of your trip, so here are our top tips for keeping hygienic on your travels –
- Keep your underwear dry. Put a clean pair on every morning to ensure you’re as comfortable as possible.
- Keep clean (where you can!). Make use of showers if you are staying in accommodation, and if not, keeping a pack of wet wipes in your bag for an on the go wash can be a lifesaver! We recommend a baby wipe, as these are more gentle than alcohol-based wipes.
- Use a strong deodorant – preferably an unscented one to avoid bugs and flies being attracted to the smell.
- Wash your hands with soap and water where you can, and if that isn’t possible, make sure to pack a hand sanitising gel, to get rid of germs and bacteria.
Most importantly, we want you to enjoy your travels to their fullest, and DO more, FEEL more and BE more.
For more information on the products and tips suggested in this blog, have a look at the links below.
Time of the month