Travel Insurance is a must on every EDGE Travel Worldwide international adventure
trip. It is important that you get the right insurance and take it out at the same time as
booking your trip.
You may already have travel insurance through your bank, however this may need to be
topped up due to the nature of the itinerary.
Always disclose the nature of the trip and itinerary to the insurance company and let
them know the following:
● Maximum height you will be trekking to
● Which region of the world you will be going to
● The duration of the trip
● If you will need helicopter rescue insurance
● The itinerary of your trip
There are many insurance companies out there and EDGE Travel Worldwide does not
have a professional agreement with any insurance company. However, a couple to start
you off are:
● Insure and Go
● Sports Cover Direct
When going on any EDGE Travel Worldwide adventure trip, ensure you check that you
have the following:
● Valid passport with at least 6 months left on the passport, on the day of return
travel after the trip
● Appropriate visa to enter and move around the Country of destination
● Consult the relevant Embassy for any new updates you should be aware of
● Review your flight itinerary and make appropriate plans to travel
● Try to minimise taking ‘soft’ plastic into Countries and try to use re-usable
products wherever possible
● Let your bank know when and where you will be travelling to and for how long
● Consider different forms of local payment in preparation to entering your Country
Clothing & Equipment
A kit list is provided with each itinerary and is available separately if needed. One to One
advice is always available from EDGE Travel Worldwide either via e-mail, over the
phone or face to face.
Make sure you have a plan to take the right clothing and kit with you. Here is a reference
guide to make it easier:
● Read the itinerary kit list
● Review your current clothing and equipment
● Make a plan to fill the gaps and always try clothing on before buying
● Always get into a sleeping bag and try before buying
● Don’t order essential clothing and kit off the internet without seeing it and trying it
in a shop first
● Purchase reputable brands of clothing with a life time guarantee wherever
● Always test your kit during the training phase before going to your Country of
destination. You don’t want important clothing and equipment to fail during your
trip of a life time!
● Buy cheap, buy twice!
When going on an EDGE Travel Worldwide trip you fill out a booking form which has a
health questionnaire on it. If you have any doubts, contact the office for a chat. The
following will help prepare you for how to navigate towards your experience of a lifetime:
● Make an appointment to see your GP to check you are healthy and able to
undertake the trip itinerary
● Discuss altitude with your Doctor and get their advice
● Discuss what vaccinations and any other prescription drugs you may need for
● A useful website to research your travel health needs for the trip is:
● Get the correct advice from a medical professional
● Conduct the appropriate training leading up to the trip. The EDGE Team can help
advise on this and provide tailor made programmes for you to follow.
● Book onto a series of UK Adventure Trips as these are designed to help you with
your training programme and provide the best chance of success on the big trip!
Your day-sack is your life, comfort and survival pack. The weather, terrain, route, your experience and expected time in the outdoors on the day or days, should always be considered. Packing should be done as a bespoke pack for each separate outing. This way, you can test and adjust each time to become more comfortable and confident each time you venture out. A few top tips include walking poles, personalised first aid kit, map, compass and whistle (even when walking in a group with a competent leader,) full water-proofs, warm hat, gloves and neck band that can be pulled over the nose and mouth for warmth and also sun protection for head, face and exposed skin. There are many more items that need to be considered but these are some of the key considerations.
Making sure you look at the weather and plan accordingly is essential. Don’t get too warm or too cold. If possible, where layers that work well together and can be accessed through fastening and unfastening on the torso and legs. Reducing time in taking layers on and off is useful and quickly being able to respond to changing weather can be critical. Top tip, don’t buy cheap clothing that you expect to work when you need it most!
The service provided is a fully guided walk or run (depending on which event you sign up to.) How you get to the start and leave the finish is your responsibility. However, many clients choose to car share or even stay the night before and/or after the walk/run. Some also get a taxi from the finish back to the start to pick their car up. We always advise to stay the night after the walk/run because it can be a long day and you never know how you will feel after such an experience.
Always wear walking boots on every UK adventure trip and for the guided running, wear trail shoes. Ankle and foot support is essential and the last thing you want is an injury which could have been avoided through careful planning and managing expectations on the day.
These are set out to help manage expectations during the selection of which experience a client may want to sign up to. Difficulty usually involves terrain, time duration on the event and also how you may feel during the experience.
Yes. Wherever parking fees are applicable, each client must adhere to the law and consider all parking charges.
No. The UK adventure trips are solely for human clients.
Usually the guide will be on location at least 30 minutes before we are due to set off, which is also the time when the group meets. We have a strict policy that we start on time as many clients travel long distances to get the most out of the experience. The contact number of the guide is made available to all clients before the day of the event.
Online and/or face to face fitness sessions are available through a brand called ‘Performance To Summit.’ Performance To Summit is full functional fitness sessions based on military and mountain style fitness requirements. Aside from that option, all clients need to ensure they are ready and fully prepared for the event.
Typically no. However case by case choices are made in speaking with the parent or responsible adult that could accompany the child on the day. However we do provide private UK adventure experiences that are tailored to the clients requirements.
You won’t get lost! The guide on the day will provide a brief on the day and just before we set off for the day. The brief covers many aspects from what to expect, the route and what-if’s. If you do find yourself on your own and lost, just stay where you are and keep blowing your whistle 3 times every 60 seconds until you are found again. Remember, every client needs to be fully prepared for the day and that also means the correct clothing, food, water and equipment.
Ultimately, the Team at EDGE Travel Worldwide are always available to have a chat
about any questions you have, however anything medical related must be addressed by
Remember, prepare to the best of your ability before the trip in every way. This will help
ensure you have a safe, strong positive experience. We want you to come back wanting
more and asking the question: ‘That was brilliant, what is next?’